Date: October 7, 2023
Class Duration: 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Skill Level Required to Register: Confident Beginner - Intermediate
Request: All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
How do you make triangles in a quilt without cutting out triangles? That’s what you’ll find out when we construct blocks for the Kira quilt from GE Designs. This quilt, that begins with 10” squares, gives you the opportunity to build skills with the Stripology ruler and continue to improve your skills in block construction. So gather your fabrics and come join us for a day of sewing, learning and fun!
Complete Prior to Class:
- Purchase the Kira pattern at SewEndipitous®.
- Use the pattern to decide on the size you’d like to make.
- Gather the 10” squares needed. You make choose to use a layer cake (plus fat quarters as needed) or a variety of squares cut from your own stash.
- Do not do any of the cutting indicated in the pattern instructions - we’ll do that in class.
- This quilt looks great with a consistent background or a mix of lights and darks.
- If you would like to make a practice block, please bring at least (2) extra 10” squares for that.
If you cut any 10” squares from yardage or fat quarters, starching the fabric before cutting can be of benefit to block construction. DO NOT starch pre-cut 10” squares as these will shrink.
Bring to Class:
- Stripology Squared ruler (recommended, Stripology XL will also work)
- Kira Pattern
- GEasy Ruler Stickers (highly recommended)
- ¼” foot made for your sewing machine
- Sewing Machine in good working condition (with the manual and accessories)
- Spare sewing machine needles and bobbins
- Small snipping scissors
- Neutral color thread and full bobbin
- Seam ripper
- Rotary cutter and extra blade(s)
- Cutting mat
- Pressing mat
- Portable iron
- Kira Pattern available at SewEndipitous®
- All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
- Additionally, must be 18 years or older to register unless otherwise approved by instructor in advance.
Classes and Events are Non-Refundable Unless:
- You are able to find another person to take your spot.
- You cancel 30 days prior to the Class/Event.
- The instructor cancels.