Date: March 2, 2024
Class Duration: 10:30AM - 2:30PM (Mentor will remain available after class to help those with questions)
Instructor: Allison Swink
Skill Level Required to Register: Confident Beginner to Intermediate
Request: All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
We will be making one of the four sizes of Project Bag 2.0 (recommend the medium or large) where we will learn zipper installation, making handles, working with vinyl, making and installation of binding. You will be quilting the backing, front and soft and stable on your own. See tutorial links below.
Complete Prior to Class:
- Purchase the Project Bag 2.0 Pattern at SewEndipitous®.
- Purchase and please cut out all fabric, soft and stable and interfacing called for in the pattern. Machine quilt as desired the bag back, front and soft and stable. If you piece the border on the front please also do this ahead of time.
- Project Bag 2.0 Pattern (available in the shop)
- Exterior Fabric and trim fabric as per pattern
- Zipper 30” – double pull nylon coil zipper (note 2 30” double pull zippers will make all four sizes)
- Soft and Stable (1 yard package)
- Thread and bobbin matching or coordinating with your fabrics
- Stitch ripper
- Fabric scissors and all purpose scissors (to cut the zipper)
- Sewing clips (use care as they can dent the vinyl)
- Sewing machine needles (Jean) (extra in case of breakage)
- Sewing machine in good working order, be sure you are familiar with your machine
- Rotary cutter, mat – large if you have it, ruler approx. 6” x 18” or similar
- Zipper foot, regular sewing foot and edge stitch foot if you have one.
- Stiletto such as By Annie is very helpful but not required (it is a great quilting tool as well)
- Marking tool of your choice suitable to mark your fabric.(you will want to have something that will show up on your fabric)
Fabric and zipper selection:
- If you are new to sewing zippers, selecting a color that matches your fabric and using thread the same color will help hide irregularities.
- This is a great place to use your leftover fabrics from a project and have fun mixing and matching. I used the same fabric for the binding, and zipper strips to make the four bags cohesive.
- All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
- Additionally, must be 18 years or older to register unless otherwise approved by instructor in advance.
Classes and Events are Non-Refundable Unless:
- You are able to find another person to take your spot.
- You cancel 30 days prior to the Class/Event.
- The instructor cancels.