Quilting 101 - Let's Get Started!
Class Fee: $35 (pattern included)
Pattern Fee: N/A
Date: January 28, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Instructor: Diane Quirk
Skill Level: Beginner
Description: In this class for beginning quilters, we’ll build skills as we create a simple placemat while learning about fabric preparation, cutting and piecing techniques and ¼” seam accuracy. This is the first in a series of skill-building classes for those who are new to quilting.
Note: Bring a snack/lunch as we will work thru lunch. A refrigerator is available in the classroom.
- 3 fat quarters of fabric to include light, medium and dark colors that coordinate well with each other.
- ¼” foot made for your sewing machine
- Sewing Machine in good working condition (with the manual and accessories)
- Spare Needles and bobbins
- Small Scissors
- Neutral thread and full bobbin
- Seam ripper
- Rotary cutter and extra blade(s)
- Ruler - 6 ½” x 24” or similar
- Cutting mat
- Pressing mat
- Portable iron
- Best Press or a light spray starch
Preparation for Class:
Classes and Events are Non-Refundable Unless:
- You are able to find another person to take your spot.
- You cancel 30 days prior to the Class/Event.
- The instructor cancels.