Date: January 16, 2024
Class Duration: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Instructor: Diane Quirk
Skill Level Required to Register: Very Confident Beginner - Intermediate+
Request: All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
This is a fun and versatile quilt to make! Take your Stripology ruler skills to a new level to achieve this very modern looking design. (GEasy Ruler stickers are a must for this pattern!) Choose fabrics that have good contrast between light and dark to make the design shine. I chose a dark color to go with some great bright colors for the shop sample and really like the result. There are four different layouts shown in the pattern but you might even come up with something new yourself.
Complete Prior to Class:
- Purchase the Venus pattern at Sewendipitous.
- Use the pattern to decide on the size you’d like to make and check the fabric requirements.
- Gather the 10” squares needed. You will need fabrics that have good contrast with the background. (The bright colored fabrics chosen for the shop sample were cut from fat quarters and I used yardage for the dark color.) The staff at the shop can help you with your fabrics choices.
- Do not do any of the cutting indicated in the pattern instructions - we’ll do all that in class and I have lots of tips that will help with the cutting and squaring process.
If you cut any 10” squares from yardage or fat quarters, starching the fabric before cutting can be of benefit to block construction. DO NOT starch pre-cut 10” squares as these will shrink.
- Stripology Squared ruler (recommended, Stripology XL will also work)
- Venus Pattern and your fabrics
- GEasy Ruler Stickers (this brand is highly recommended. Post it brand arrows are too big and translucent.)
Bring to Class:
- ¼” foot made for your sewing machine
- Sewing Machine in good working condition (with the manual and accessories)
- Spare sewing machine needles (I prefer to use an 80/12 needle.)
- Small snipping scissors
- Neutral color thread and full bobbin(s)
- Seam ripper
- Rotary cutter and extra blade(s) - starting this class with a new blade is recommended
- Cutting mat (at least 12x18)
- Pressing mat
- Portable iron
Cleaning your machine on a regular basis (and before a class) helps it to work efficiently and helps you to avoid issues while in class.
- All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
- Additionally, must be 18 years or older to register unless otherwise approved by instructor in advance.
Classes and Events are Non-Refundable Unless:
- You are able to find another person to take your spot.
- You cancel 30 days prior to the Class/Event.
- The instructor cancels.