Date: December 8, 2023
Class Duration: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Pattern Fee: $10.00 (will be purchased from the instructor at the beginning of class)
Instructor: Nancy McNally
Skill Level Required to Register: Beginner to Confident Beginner
Request: All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
There is still time to make a little special something for your Holiday table! This Christmas Star table runner made with your favorite Christmas fabric can be custom made to fit your dining room table. Need a quick gift for a friend or family member? No worries this is a great gift idea as well.
Table runner is (17 ½” x 74”) with (optional) large triangle border (side borders) made from background fabric or a regular border can be used, top and bottom borders are standard.
Skill Takeaways: Learn to make the Variation Ohio Star Quilt block, using easy beginner level techniques. Stitch-n-flip, trimming, Altering the pattern to customize size, Machine Binding will also be demonstrated.
Fabric Requirements needed for class:
- White tone on tone 1 ¼ yard
- Red Christmas print 1 ¼ yard (for blocks) (OR COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE)
- Blue Christmas print ½ yard (OR COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE)
Other Fabric Requirements to complete your table runner at home:
- Backing 1 ¼ yard
- Binding (Red Christmas print) ½ yard (OR COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE)
- Batting (thin) 20” x 76” (fusible fleece works great and is available in the shop)
- (If you are going to longarm quilt the table runner the batting and backing need to be larger, contact your longarm quilter to discuss.)
Required Sewing Supplies:
- Basic Sewing supplies
- piecing thread
- full bobbins
- rotary cutter
- 12 ½” square ruler
- 6 ½” square ruler
- sewing machine
- seam ripper
- thread scissors
- small cutting mat
- fabric marking pen
- All attendees are respectfully asked to refrain from wearing perfumes and scented lotions/oils due to allergy and olfactory sensitivities of some students and instructors.
- Additionally, must be 18 years or older to register unless otherwise approved by instructor in advance.
Classes and Events are Non-Refundable Unless:
- You are able to find another person to take your spot.
- You cancel 30 days prior to the Class/Event.
- The instructor cancels.